You will be taken on an exciting video journey into the history of the Presbyterian Church in the United States of America. These sketches are an excellent introduction to significant places, events, and people in the history of the Presbyterian Church in early colonial America. The background music for the video includes favorite tunes from the 17th century Scottish psalters.
This two hour and fifteen minute video includes 14 chapters on the following:
- The beginnings of Presbyterianism in America
- The growth of the Presbyterian Church in colonial America
- The education of her ministers
- The great revival of religion in America (the First Great Awakening)
- The first Constitution of the Presbyterian Church in the United States of America
As the history of the Presbyterian Church is an integral part of the history of our nation, these historical sketches teach not only about our church in colonial America but also about the history of our country and the American people.